Specialist Occupational Therapist(£14,528-£20,285 per annum (FTE £27,146 - £37,903) depending on experience)
Closing Date: 30/04/2021
– Be able to provide 1:1, paired and group interventions both in and outside of the classroom setting, in order to meet provision outlined on pupil’s Education, Health and Care Plans
– Support the pupils with specific areas of difficulty, and have specific knowledge and experience in developing interventions to target social and psychological needs
– Be confident in implementing strategies to manage pupils’ emotional regulation, to increase engagement in learning and develop pupils’ self-esteem
– Support in the development and coordination of a new sensory room within the school
– Attend multi-displinary meetings and provide training for the Education team, Pupil Support team, Safeguarding team and Therapy team to provide updates on pupil progress, encourage effective sharing of research and knowledge and to develop sound understanding of the needs of the pupils
– Be able to advise parents and carers with the management of students’ emotional regulation and sensory needs at home
– Maintain succinct clinical notes, complete relevant assessments highlighting issues of concern to the teams around the pupils and track progress, to ensure pupil data is available to inform future planning.
This is a unique opportunity to develop specialist clinical skills within an educational environment, offering the chance to work collaboratively with a range of professionals and to use therapeutic skills creatively to meet the needs of pupils and students. In return we offer excellent support from colleagues and staff, commitment to CPD, access to internal and external training.
Job Description – Occupational Therapist BRS
Person Specification – Occupational Therapist BRS
Brantridge School is a specialist school located in Staplefield, near Haywards Heath. Brantridge School provides education and care for up to 54 boys aged 5-11 years old. Our pupils have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The School is part of Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust, a family of specialist education providers with a strong track record for making a positive impact within the community it serves. Our Therapy team consists of a Speech and Language Therapist, Art Therapist and Therapy Assistant and you will help play a critical role in ensuring our pupils achieve their full potential.
If you believe you can help our pupils to fulfil their potential at school, at home and in their communities and are looking for a fresh challenge, then this role may be just what you are looking for.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Amy Morrison on 01444 400228.
To apply, please click here. You will be redirected to apply via our TES online portal.
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Interview date: Week Commencing 20th May 2021
Please note CV applications will not be accepted.
Brantridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to 3 terms probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.