Occupational Therapist(£13,291 - £18,559 per annum (FTE £26,419 - £36,889) depending on experience)
Closing Date: 09/04/2020
– Support the teachers by providing group or individual activities and specific programmes of support to achieve learning objectives across all areas of the curriculum.
– Support the boys with specific areas of learning difficulty and advise them of strategies to deal with problems they encounter, to encourage independence, and maintain personal confidence to enable them to reach their full potential.
– Maintain a record of events and progress, highlighting issues of concern to the class teacher in order to ensure pupil data is available to inform assessment and future planning.
– Liaise with the teachers within the school, teaching assistants, other professional colleagues, parents and carers to encourage the effective sharing of knowledge and information to understand the needs of the pupils.
– Will need to meet the provision designated by the Education Health Care Plans/Statements for all students.
Paediatric Occupational Therapist – Job Profile
This is a unique opportunity to develop clinical skills within an educational environment, offering the chance to work collaboratively with a range of professionals and to use therapeutic skills creatively to meet the needs of pupils and students. In return, we offer excellent support from colleagues and staff, commitment to CPD, access to internal and external training.
Brantridge School is a specialist school located in Staplefield, near Haywards Heath. The School provides education and care for up to 54 boys aged 6-11 years old. Our pupils have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The School is part of Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust, a family of specialist education providers with a strong record for making a positive impact within the community it serves. As part of our Therapy Team, you will play a critical role in ensuring our pupils achieve their full potential.
If you believe you can help our pupils to fulfil their potential at school, at home and in their communities and are looking for a fresh challenge, then this role may be just what you are looking for.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Amy Morrison on 01444 400228.
To apply, please download an application form. Once complete please send your completed application to email@example.com.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 12 noon Thursday 9th April 2020
Brantridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to 3 terms probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.