Brantridge School, St Dominic’s School, and Grafham Grange have one Local Governing Body (LGB) which has been given certain delegated responsibilities by the Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (OHCAT) Board of Directors through a Scheme of Delegation.
Some of the LGB’s key responsibilities are:
Setting the strategic direction of the school by:
- Ensuring the values, aims and objectives for the school are aligned to those of OHCAT
- Implementing the policy framework for achieving the agreed aims and objectives
- Setting statutory targets
- Agreeing the school improvement strategy
Challenging and supporting the school by monitoring, reviewing and evaluating:
- The implementation and effectiveness of the policy framework
- Progress towards targets
- The implementation and effectiveness of the school improvement strategy
- The budget and the staffing structure
Ensuring accountability by:
- Monitoring the school’s self-evaluation documentation
- Responding to Ofsted reports when necessary
- Holding the Head to account for the performance of the school
- Ensuring parents and pupils are involved, consulted and informed as appropriate
- Making information available to the community
The LGB generally meets once a term and comprises of people from the community with relevant skills and experience, parent and staff governors.
Additionally, the LGB has established a Pay Committee comprised of the Chair of the LGB and two further governors – these will be the HR portfolio holder and the Finance portfolio holder unless circumstances do not permit. The Pay Committee meets once a year to consider the Headteacher’s salary recommendations for all teaching staff, and to ensure that all pay decisions have been made in line with OHC&AT’s Pay Policy and OHC&AT’s Appraisal Policy.
If you wish to contact the LGB, please email the clerk at email@example.com